We have some good news to share with homeowners! A Federal tax credit of up to $500 is available for qualifying energy saving residential window film.
The tax credit is available for up to 10% of the documented amount paid for qualified non-business residential energy efficiency improvements installed during 2019 and this year through December 31, 2020. The credit may also be available for window film installed in 2018 with the filing of an amended tax return. The tax credit for qualifying energy saving products is cumulative for a total, combined, credit limit of $500 for all tax years after 2005.
Which Madico Films Qualify for the Tax Credit?
1. Determine your climate zone.
Qualifying products vary by the geographical climate zone in which you live. Refer to the map below or the Manufacturer’s Certification document to determine your climate zone.
2. Determine which window films qualify in your climate zone by glass type.
- In some climate zones, only windows, skylights and door windows with wood or vinyl frames qualify.
- If unsure about glass type, use the more conservative value.
- Safety film versions of solar control films also qualify. For example, if RS40 qualifies, RS40 4mil and 8mil also qualify.
- Window films qualify as insulation on IECC 2009 code.
- Qualifications are based on IECC 2009 and amendments.
- Please reference Madico’s Manufacturer’s Certification for a full listing of qualifying films.
3. Print the Manufacturer’s Certification document.
To receive the tax credit, consumers are required to submit Madico’s Manufacturer’s Certification and the IRS 5695 form with their Income Tax Return. Retain your original film invoice illustrating the cost of the window film only and a copy of the product’s certification from Madico.
Please Print – Madico Manufacturer’s Certification