It’s likely the average consumer has never considered buying window film. In fact, you may be asking yourself, “Who needs window film?” The answer is fairly simple — anyone who is concerned about personal and property protection.
You should consider window film if you:
Own a Car
Automotive window films are some of our most popular products, available in both tinted and transparent applications. They provide added protection to drivers, passengers and the vehicle itself. Some of the benefits of auto glass film include:
- Solar protection: Window film is like sunscreen for your car. Automotive films can block up to 99% of harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays. Research shows that 53% of skin cancers in the U.S. occur on the left or drivers’ side of the body. While typical windshield glass blocks 90% of UVA radiation, untreated side windows and sunroofs can let in as much as 50% of UVA radiation. Professionally installed solar control films, or tinted window coverings, help block out both UVA and UVB rays that cause skin cancer. By blocking UV rays, these films also reduce glare, lower the vehicle’s temperature, and slow interior fading and cracking.
- Glass protection: Our ClearPlex® windshield protection system absorbs impacts, making the glass more resistant to rock chips, pitting and bull’s-eyes. This feature keeps cars in top condition, helping them maintain their value.
- Safety: ClearPlex goes on optically clear and speeds up the run-off for snow and rain, enhancing visibility. Tinted window films also reduce glare for added visibility. During an accident, the protective layer keeps shattered glass in place, safeguarding passengers.
Own a Home
Make your home your own while keeping it protected with our range of stylish and UV-protective window films. They offer benefits to homeowners such as:
- Solar protection: Just like you might not think to apply sunscreen before getting inside your car, you probably wouldn’t consider putting on SPF 30 just to sit in your living room or bedroom. The harmful UV rays that penetrate unprotected glass can damage your skin, causing premature aging and wrinkles, and as we already mentioned, skin cancer. Our residential window films offer reflective and tinted options that block UV rays and keep you and your family protected. They can also help to prevent eyestrain by reducing glare.
- Reduced energy costs: Solar control films also reduce your air conditioning usage and energy costs by lowering the amount of heat entering your home. Your AC system will run more efficiently and won’t have to work as hard to keep your home cool.
- Safety and security: Like on cars, window films keep your glass together if it shatters. If a storm damages your glass, the protective layer keeps it off the floor and out of your home. They can also act as security films and deter intruders because they can’t get in quickly by breaking glass.
- Style: Perhaps one of the best reasons to give your home window films is because they look beautiful. Choose from colored glass tints ranging from silver to bronze, reflective options and even films that enhance your nighttime views. You can also add elegance and privacy with frosted window finishes. The solar protection features will slow fading for your furniture, artwork, flooring and carpets, enhancing your décor and preserving your interior color scheme.
Own a Business
Window film can be an excellent investment for your commercial property, adding sophistication and saving you money. Some of the benefits for business owners include:
- Solar protection: Window films can protect commercial spaces from UV rays, creating a more comfortable environment for employees, guests and tenants. Solar control can also improve visibility — especially for computer monitors and TVs. Meanwhile, it will slow the fading of office furniture and décor, helping it last longer and keeping your space looking new and inviting.
- Reduced energy costs: Solar control films can also significantly reduce energy costs as they do in residential applications. By blocking the sun’s heat, films can help lower air conditioning costs. Better heat control also reduces temperature differences between sunny and shady parts of the building, making it easier to set a comfortable temperature for the whole office.
- Safety and security: Business owners are concerned about protecting their investment. Whether you own a small business or multi-million dollar company, having window film professionally installed increases security both inside and outside of your commercial building. Safety films can hold shattered glass in place, providing extra protection from threats like burglary attempts, vandalism and natural disasters.
- Style and privacy: Interior and exterior window films alike can introduce privacy with frosted, black-out or white-out finishes. For businesses, they can also enhance your branding with printed graphics or custom shapes.
Why Choose Madico®, Inc. for Your Window Film?
Heat control and UV protection film for windows offer the highest returns when you choose quality products. Madico has been a trusted manufacturer for more than 100 years, and a trusted name in window films since 1948. We offer our customers:
- Manufacturer’s warranty: Our customers in North America receive a manufacturer’s warranty on Madico film products.
- An extensive selection: We’re continually innovating new products and expanding our collection to solve our customers’ most pressing needs and design aesthetics. Our automotive products include ClearPlex, a range of tinted products and paint protection films. Our architectural products come in many colors, reflective and matte finishes and many decorative options.
- Industry-leading expertise: At Madico, we’re a leader in research and development, which lets us respond to emerging market trends with new, innovative products. We also provide our dealers with extensive training to ensure a long-lasting, attractive installation.
Find a Madico dealer near you and schedule a professional installation today.